Saturday, October 1, 2011

What kind of microphone should I use with a portable mini-disc player?

I'm a musician and would like to record myself using a portable mini-disc player. How can I make sure the chosen microphone is compatible with the player? Have you got any suggestions as to what would be a good make/model? I'd be happy to spend 拢50 to 拢100 on a second hand one on ebay.


Thanks in advance!|||You are limited by the player itself on what mics you can use because of the tiny mic connectors most small recorders have. If the recorder has a standard 3.5mm mic connector (like a headphone jack) there are not a lot of choices for a mic. It might be best just to get a Sony mic that is designed for the recorder.





If you can spend more on the recorder, you would be better off to get one that has a professional type XLR input with phantom power. That way you can use ANY pro mic with it.





http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH4









No comments:

Post a Comment