Saturday, October 1, 2011

What split-mini heat pump is easiest to install?

I have a 400 sq ft shop in which I would like to install a split-mini heat pump. The estimates I am getting include about $1500 labor, which seems high because I understand that some can be self-installed in a couple of hours, requiring no meters, or evacuation or charging of the lines. But some do require these things. Which brands are designed for the do-it-yourself installer?|||I have installed two mini-splits from alpinehomeair.com, and they were very easy. Don't pay $1500 for labor!!! All you'll have to do is mount it on the wall, drill a single hole for the pipe bundle, and hook up the pipes. It's definitely capable for a do-it-yourself project. You just hook up the pipes, and they're pre-pressurized with the 410 coolant. You can install a second system with the $1500 you'll save in labor costs! I'm sure that other websites might sell mini-split systems, but I've only dealt with alpine.|||k

No comments:

Post a Comment