Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How can I keep from laughing when doing mini skits at school?

In school, we occasionally need to get in front of the room to do mini skits. We try to make them humorous.





However, whenever I am up there, when the class laughs, I laugh, and then I have trouble saying the lines clearly. And the skits are in front of us so I don't forget. I just laugh.





How can I stop this? I want to be able to speak clearly. And I don't have too much stage fright, I just laugh.





And good methods to stop this habit?|||Your choices are limited; laughing is hard to cease when your already in a laughing mood. However, the most logical thing is to tell your castmate prior to the performance. Then, they can somehow help you, or work with your laughter, when on the actual stage/ front of classroom. You can also work WITH the laughter on stage... I'm not sure. Or, you can simply focus really hard on staying in character. Remember: It's not your character that's laughing; it's you.|||I loved acting class--all 4 years of it. I love it when the audience laugh, it means they like the play.





Whenever i do a play, I just tune the audience out. I try to ignore whatever happenes---like if someone slammed the door or the lights accidently came on. I imagine like they are not there and really don't pay attention to them. But the plays I've done are always rehersed for weeks and we usually don't laugh because we've heard the jokes and acts so many times.





I remember laughing a couple times though when things when wrong...|||I used to have this problem a lot. My solution, which worked quite well, was I'd just imagine all the girls who were watching and how much more impressed they'd be with me if I did the skit right.


Of course, this only works if you're as hopeless with the ladies as I am.|||Im not sure about acting, but when I don't want to laugh i think back to a painful experience or imagine all my relatives and friends dying.





Of course this could start you crying...|||I have the same problem, except I do improv, but I think the following may help... one classmate who has actual acting experience told me to think of dead kittens.... terrible I know, but it does stop the giggles.|||Develop your professional and maturity skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment