Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much does it cost to run a mini fridge?

I just would like to know what an average cost is per month to keep a mini refrigerator running.|||Depends on a variety of factors, such as the insulation, or how often the door is opened, etc. The motor (compressor) is what uses the power, and that only runs on occasion. For example, when mine is running, it consumes about 125 watts. But it's not running continuously. It's off more than it's on.





So, let's say it was running all the time.


125 watts, or uses an 鈪?of a kWh each hour.


In 24 hours, that's 3 kWh.


In 30 days, that's 90 kWh.


My electric bill costs me an average of 11垄 per kWh.


So, running 24 hours a day, my mini fridge would cost me about $10 a month.


But it's not running continuously. If it were on half of the time, and off half of the time, it would cost me $5 per month. More likely, with my usage, it's on 录 of the time, and off 戮 of the time, so it costs me more like $2.50 per month.





Your use and cost will vary slightly around that.|||The web site below lists the average cost of running many appliances. You mini fridge is probably around a 1.7 cubic foot size. The cost for running this size of fridge is about $4.59 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment