Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I decorate my mini cupcakes with the classic swirl?

Please do not google for answer and then copy and paste. I am making mini cupcakes and I want to put the classic swirl on them. If they were regular size cupcakes I would use my starbit, but they are minis and the starbit i have is too big. Do they make a mini-starbit??|||yes, they sell mini star tips at most cooking stores. Doing the swirl may take a little practice, but it isn't difficult once you get the hang of it. Start by piping your frosting in a circle, starting on the outside and working your way in, and then in the center press down a bit with your pastry bag and pull up to get the peak in the center.|||Yes they make mini-starbits. I used to decorate cakes using the small starbit and put little stars all over the cake. That would work for your mini cupcakes nicely.





You may be able to find them at Wilton's on-line or maybe even at Michael's or Penney's where they carry the Wilton products. I'm sure other stores carry them as well, you'd just need to check the stores in your area.





Hope that helps.|||Yes, they have small starbit size decorator tips. Just go over where ever you can find a good selection of decorator tips.





Good luck.|||They make many different sizes of star tip. I would suggest a size 18 Wilton tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment