Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much should I feed my Betta using mini pellets?

I am feeding TetraBetta "mini pellets" so I am assuming I should be feeding more that the guidelines for "pellets". I don't want to overfeed but I feel like he is always hungry. Also, any idea how many feedings per day?|||You are right... He will always act hungry.





Feed him once in the morning and once at Dusk. Hokari makes the BEST Betta Pellets. Stay away from flake food because it dirties the water too easily. 4 to 6 pellets each time is fine and 10 pellets at full Adulthood. (About 6 months.) They live about 2 to 2 1/2 years, max.





You and your Betta will be happier if you buy a tank with glass dividers to hold 3 or more Bettas. This will allow them to interact without actually "Fighting". They actually will get more vivid color and good exercise from making fighting poses at their neighbors.





It is good to change 25% of the water in an unfiltered Betta tank every 3 days. It is even better if you put an In-Tank filter in the water so that water changes are smaller and less often.





Also, contrary to what most folks think, Bettas are Carnivores! They will not eat the roots of Plants in those stupid Vases with plants stuck in them and a Betta trapped in the water. They need water surface area as gulping air is part of their regular habits. They also do that to make "Bubble Nests", which Males will do even without the prescence of a Female.





Good Luck with Your Betta(s).|||I also have beta fish. According to Wardley Essentials Beta Food, fish should be fed several times daily. So, I reccomend 4-6 pellets per fish twice a day. I don't know, but I do it once a day and my beta fish are ok.|||I have a Betta and feed it TOPFIN Betta Bits which are pellets about the size of a pin head I guess(maybe just a little bigger).


Betta's stomachs are very small.


So I feed 3 little pellets in the morning and 3 at night.


Every so often I change it up and give him Tetra BETTAMIN flakes instead to give a variety of food.


Then as a treat once a week i give him a couple Tetra BloodWorms.|||Fish are opportunistic eaters.


If there is food, they will eat it.


They will eat themselves to death, given the chance.


Overfeeding is the main killer of fish, either by causing digestive problems, or by fouling the water.





Fish are also cold-blooded. They do not have fast metabolisms and do not need to eat as much as the packing on your food container says. It would take about 2 months for your fish to starve to death. In the wild, a fish rarely gets to eat even once a day. Weigh that against recommendations to feed at least twice daily and the only rational conclusion is that the company wants you to buy their fish food more often than you need to.





How much for a feeding at a time can be based on the size of your fish. His stomach is about as big as his eye. I would recommend one feeding every other day, or 3 days a week.|||i feed my bett with 4 pellets in the morning n same in the night|||Your Betta will always seem hungry, because in the wild, they will eat all they can, as they will not know when their next meal will be. You, on the other hand, know that your Betta will receive a meal each day! A Betta's stomach is roughly the size of his eyeball, and bloating him is detrimental to his health. I would suggest 2-3 pellets per day. Soak them in water a few minutes before so that they puff up before he eats them (as if they puff up in his stomach it can hurt the fellow) and clean up whatever he hasn't eaten after 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment