Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much does it cost to geld a mini colt?

I have a Mini colt, he is 8 months, I might be selling him tomorrow and the person who might get him asked how much it costs. I don't know because I have never needed to do this and the vets office is closed so I can't call.|||Generally about $100 give or take 50.





In order to keep the mini small, it is recommended to wait until they are at least 2 before gelding. When you geld them, they don't bulk up as much, but they do grow taller (sometimes as much as 3 inches!) than when left entire for longer. It does mean they need some extra training to keep them from being mouthy, and they need to be separated from mares, but that's all doable.|||Go to www.dreamhorse.com and price the minis out, on that site. Use your own zip code to see what they are going for in your area, and whether or not yours is registered, compared to the ones you are pricing, coloration, quality, etc. Horses are not that easy to sell, right now, so you need to be reasonable, but not dirt cheap.|||$100.00 to $150.00 around in my neck of the woods|||Oh about 3 bags of Cheetohs.

No comments:

Post a Comment